- Submitted: Mar 15 2011 08:52 PM
- Last Updated: Mar 15 2011 08:52 PM
- File Size: 1.4MB
- Views: 2102
- Downloads: 1,727
- Compatible with 10.5.x Leopard: Not sure
- Compatible with 10.6.x Snow Leopard: Unkown
- Compatible with 10.7.x Lion: Unkown
- Compatible with 10.8.x Mountain Lion: Unkown
- Compatible with 10.9.x Mavericks: Unkown
Download Mobile_Connect_Drv_App.pkg 1.0
Anyway i just want to share usb wireless 3G/HSDPA modem, Huawei E169
i just pick the driver from the modem and put it independently on my harddrive,
my OSX using Retail Snow Leopard 10.6 and updated to 10.6.6
it seems work well without disturbing behavior. so i decided to share it with you if you have this hardware and make it work with your own mac or hackintosh.
installation method : pkg file , automatic installer.
1. Run the installer.
2. After success installing, Put your Huawei Modem to your usb port.
3. wait a little, it will be pop up windows to tell you that you have new interface and need to be configure.
4. go to System Preferences --> Network.
5. if it detected, it will be 3 device in list, HUAWEI Mobile, DIAG, and PCUI
6. on right side , see there is empty configuration. you may fill this to configure your modem, eg : for number use *99# generally, and fill your username and password on the blank form that provide to you.
7. down rightside configuration, you can se Advanced button after Show modem status in menu bar. Click that button.
8. On Advanced modem menu, there is 4 Tab sub menu, MODEM, DNS , WINS, Proxies, PPP . use MODEM tab to next configuration, see Vendor if Huawei Listed, you could choose it but if not, pick Otherand you will see your installed modem is in there, HUAWEI Mobile Connect - xxx
9. try to connect .
Hardware Info on Profiler :
Capacity: 152 MB (152,023,872 bytes)
Removable Media: Yes
Detachable Drive: Yes
BSD Name: disk1
Product ID: 0x1001
Vendor ID: 0x12d1
Serial Number: ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Location ID: 0x7d200000
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500
Partition Map Type: Unknown
S.M.A.R.T. status: Not Supported
Capacity: 132.4 MB (132,374,528 bytes)
BSD Name: disk1s0
Capacity: 1 KB (1,024 bytes)
BSD Name: disk1s0s1
Capacity: 14.8 MB (14,778,368 bytes)
Available: Zero KB
File System: HFS+
BSD Name: disk1s0s2
Mount Point: /Volumes/TELKOMSELFlash
*note : you could use General in Vendor lists drop down menu, and fill appropriate Access Point Name for your card (APN)