- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Using UniBeast + MultiBeast + VoodooHDA, PS2 & Battery.

I was able to convert my Elitebook into a functional Macbook Pro using UniBeast. The only thing that will not work is the onboard Wifi card, but I'm using this card and it works perfectly with vendor supplied drivers: Amazon.com: AirLink101 AWLL5088 Wireless N 150 Ultra Mini USB Adapter: Electronics It's a pretty simple process and requires the following:

Existing OS X install to create UniBeast Thumb Drive

A Copy of OS X Lion from the App Store.

8GB (or better) Thumb Drive

Multibeast

These Kexts: VoodooPS2 Keyboard AND Mouse - Downloads - OSx86.net | voodoobattery lion - Downloads - OSx86.net

KextBeast

First off, start by making a UniBeast Thumb drive as noted here: tonycrapx86 Blog: UniBeast: Install Mac OS X Lion Using an All-In-One Bootable USB Drive

This is the longest part, it took me over and hour to make the USB Drive, at one point my install was over 27 hours and I thought it had stalled, it hadn't be patient.

Once the drive is complete, put it into the RIGHT HAND SIDE USB PORT. This is the only USB 2.0 port and the only way to install. We'll fix USB 3.0 later.

Boot to the USB drive, select it from the Chameleon menu and get to the installer. If you're using the Intel HD3000 model of this laptop you should see native resolution for your screen. If it's asking you for a keyboard or mouse to be connected, tap a couple of keys on the keyboard and it should detect them.

Load Disk Utility from the Tools menu, and format your drive as HFS+ Journaled, and set the option to GPT partition. Once the drive is done, back out to the installer, hit continue, agree to the license agreement, select your newly partitioned drive and let the installer go. This should take around 15 - 20 minutes.

Once the install is complete, reboot and select the thumb drive to boot to again, this time choosing your newly installed Lion OS. It may ask you to pair a USB Keyboard or mouse at this point. I plugged in a USB keyboard to the right hand port and pressed the wifi togggle button (top right hand side of the keyboard) to disable bluetooth as I didn't need it. Run through the initial account setup and you should now be at your desktop.

Now we run Multibeast to get kexts, system definition and a boot loader so you can stop using the USB key to boot. Download the latest MultiBeast from here: http://www.tonycrap....Beast-4.3.0.zip and run it with the following options selected. (Make sure you run this from the hard drive in your laptop, if you run it from a USB Device, it's going to KP when it updates the USB 3.0 driver and you'll have to reload the OS)

EasyBeast
System Utilities
VoodooHDA 2.7.3
USB 3.0 - NEC
hnak's AppleIntel E1000e
Macbook Pro 8,1 system definition

Proceed and install these options.

Once this has run, use KextBeast to load the kexts linked above for a functional Keyboard & Trackpad as well as a working battery meter. To do this, unzip all the files and place the kexts DIRECTLY on your desktop. Do not put them in folders.

Once they are on your desktop, run KextBeast and it will install them properly. Finally, you want to navigate to \System\Library\Extensions from your Lion HDD and remove AppleHDA.kext to avoid conflicts with VoodooHDA.kext.

After the reboot you should be back at your desktop with functional video, audio, USB 3.0, webcam, expansion slot, and wired ethernet. If you have a mac supported wireless card like the one linked above, you will now want to load those drivers, or if you have BIOS hacked this laptop to whitelist an internal card, make sure you choose the correct wifi driver option in MultiBeast.

Hope this helps anyone else using this laptop, it took me a few installs to get it right. Good Luck everyone!

Here's the final result:

Posted Image
Hackbook Pro Mid-2011 by Hexidecimal, on Flickr

Edited by Hexidecimal, 15 March 2012 - 03:15 PM.

HackPro: MoBo: Intel DX58SO 'Smackover' RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz CPU: Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67 Ghz GPU: AMD XFX Black Edition HD6870 1GB SSD: 2 x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: 2 x WD 320GB Blue Displays: 3 x Acer H233H 23" 1920x1080 1x Dell E248WP 24" 1920x1200 OS X:iATKOS L2 10.7.3

Hackbook Pro: HP Elitebook 8460p CPU: Intel Core i5 vPro @ 2.59Ghz RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Intel HD3000 Mobile OS X: UniBeast 10.7.3

noway

noway

HackintoshOSX Crew

• Supervisors
  • 1,861 posts
Well done, thanks.
If you want to get rid of the USB WiFi, Atheros AR5B95 AR9285 802.11B/G/N Half Mini PCI-E Cards are only $10 from China.

Time flies - said the monkey, when the clock hit him!
 Biostar GF8100, HD5450, 10.6.8
 ASRock Conroe, GT8800, 10.8.5
 Lenovo T60, GMA945, 10.6.7

Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Have a link for that card? I'd be interested for sure.

Edit: Actually looking into removing the Whitelist for this card for unsupported WWAN modules looks to be nonexistent. Bummer. Oh well, at least it's a micro wifi module.

Edited by Hexidecimal, 16 March 2012 - 03:32 AM.

HackPro: MoBo: Intel DX58SO 'Smackover' RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz CPU: Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67 Ghz GPU: AMD XFX Black Edition HD6870 1GB SSD: 2 x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: 2 x WD 320GB Blue Displays: 3 x Acer H233H 23" 1920x1080 1x Dell E248WP 24" 1920x1200 OS X:iATKOS L2 10.7.3

Hackbook Pro: HP Elitebook 8460p CPU: Intel Core i5 vPro @ 2.59Ghz RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Intel HD3000 Mobile OS X: UniBeast 10.7.3

noway

noway

HackintoshOSX Crew

• Supervisors
  • 1,861 posts
I got mine here: eBay: Neue und gebrauchte Elektronikartikel, Autos, Kleidung, Sammlerst
Note that although router, wireless card and Airport Extreme do support "n", it is not possible to establish an "n" connection in 10.6.6, for the time being. It seems the IO80211Family.kext has some weird issues and the router must be set to "b/g" only.

Time flies - said the monkey, when the clock hit him!
 Biostar GF8100, HD5450, 10.6.8
 ASRock Conroe, GT8800, 10.8.5
 Lenovo T60, GMA945, 10.6.7

Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the link.

Also, as an addition to this guide, I just got a Displayport to VGA Adapter to test today. I can confirm that with this method Displayport is functional. Currently have my Hackbook Pro running both the internal display and a 24" Dell Monitor via that adapter at native resolution with no issue. Thought others might find this useful.

vystral

vystral

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm going to be trying this with an Elitebook 2560p, will report back. It's the same chipset and probably the same processor, so I'm thinking I'll have the same results.

vystral

vystral

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
No luck on the 2560p.
Was getting a freeze after appleintele1000e: Ethernet address xxxxxxx
Disabled Ethernet in the bios

Now getting a freeze after DSMOS has arrived
It would appear that the graphics card is not supported. I can confirm that the graphics card is indeed an Intel 3000.

Other specs:
Intel i5 Sandy Bridge
QM67 Southbridge

Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Oh if the graphics card isn't supported, you can try booting with the following flag. GraphicsEnabler=No

Just type that in at the chameleon screen before you launch the install.

vystral

vystral

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Getting the same results. Do I maybe need to blow out the kext that it's trying to boot with, and then load one once I get Lion installed? Because you say you're able to get it working with the same integrated card. (if so, quick instructions would be helpful)

Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I literally did nothing special. Popped in Unibeast, booted to it, and the installer load. No boot flags, nothing. Not sure what the difference might be.

vystral

vystral

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I still have my Mac desktop running, I'm going to try rebuilding the USB

vystral

vystral

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
That was the solution to get into the installer. I have Lion up and running almost completely (save for the wifi, obviously). Multibeast choked on its install, so I had to repair permissions to get back in. Stepping through it now to see which part was the problem. Considering at this point, the only difference between my hackbook and yours is that I have to use the USB drive to boot, I'm guessing it's Chameleon.

detoxxx187

detoxxx187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
First off, Thanks for the tutorial install Hexidecimal.

HP DV6-6180us
i7-2670qm
6gb RAM
1gb Raedeon HD6770m

Well to begin there are not to many tutorials on installing on HP DV6 or DV7. So I decided to follow yours, because all HP's are made with the same hardware basically, just different spec's.
Ok, so I already got the unibeast part down, and installing the usb contents to the partition hard drive, but I run into a problem when i run multibeast 4.3 and 4.3.1...tried both. I run Multibeast with the desired checked items and install. Everything go smoothy up till I have less than a minute left notice, and then suddenly it restarts. It restarts with about 90-95% completed.
So I would consider this a fail. I tried your way maybe a few times.
I came across another post...[Guide] Lion installation on HP DV6 6020el - InsanelyMac Forum

So...this is what i did...
1. Installed unibeast usb lion to the Hard Drive...Restarted.
2. Desktop appears with ethernet working only if I have it connected before restart...if i disconnect no longer works.
Intel HD3000 graphics work..show up on my computer info.
3.At this point I start with the install info from the link above...Lion installation on HP DV6 6020el...and I go thru steps 7-14.
4.Then I switch to your installation method, and run Multibeast.
Using this weird method seems to work, because Multibeast completes the install....no sudden restart.
What works at this point:Web cam
sound
Battery meter appears
Ethernet.
I finish the install with the rest of your notes on your procedure..and then restart.
After restart I get the apple logo/grey screen...and a minute later a no cog/warning/stop sign appears and it basically just hangs there. I would consider this a fail.
So if you have any kind of information that can help me I would appreciate it.....Peace.

roachfan

roachfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm having somewhat similar issues on my HP 8460p with Lion 10.7.4. I have about 10% left on the Multibeast installation bar and I get an OS box that says I have to reboot - Multibeast does not complete. I reboot and get a kernel panic.

I've tried two fresh installs so far.

HELP!

EDIT: After doing a verbose boot, it looks like the trouble starts here:

kxld[com.apple.drver.AppleRTC]: The Mach-0 file is malformed: Invalid magic number: 0xbebafeca
Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleRTC - link failed.

And it goes downhill from there.

Edited by roachfan, 27 May 2012 - 02:31 AM.

ijuggernaut

ijuggernaut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm getting same issue roachfan... Did you get this resolved. Anyone?

I'm having somewhat similar issues on my HP 8460p with Lion 10.7.4. I have about 10% left on the Multibeast installation bar and I get an OS box that says I have to reboot - Multibeast does not complete. I reboot and get a kernel panic.

I've tried two fresh installs so far.

HELP!

EDIT: After doing a verbose boot, it looks like the trouble starts here:

kxld[com.apple.drver.AppleRTC]: The Mach-0 file is malformed: Invalid magic number: 0xbebafeca
Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleRTC - link failed.

And it goes downhill from there.

chamak

chamak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Everything went nice and smooth for me, except for the bootloader. I can (obviously) boot into the OS using the pen-drive. However, if I try to boot from the pen-drive only, I get a boot0:error message, and it halts there. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Edited by chamak, 27 June 2012 - 05:36 AM.
Formatting

chamak

chamak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Everything went nice and smooth for me, except for the bootloader. I can (obviously) boot into the OS using the pen-drive. However, if I try to boot from the pen-drive only, I get a boot0:error message, and it halts there. Any thoughts? Thanks.

The problem was occurring because of newer formatted 4K drives. This helped: http://www.tonycrap....cial-guide.html

If any one's wondering, I've successfully installed OSX Lion using @Hexidecimal 's method.

Then I used the new UNI-BEAST for Mountain Lion to install onto the same partition from USB and it automatically upgraded Lion installation to Mountain Lion!

Happy user here!!

Edited by chamak, 06 August 2012 - 05:58 PM.

Richie Brewer

Richie Brewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Most probably you're facing the problem because of newer formatted 4K drives. (I had the same). I think this will help you: http://www.tonycrap....cial-guide.html

If any one's wondering, I've successfully installed OSX Lion using @Hexidecimal 's method.

Then I used the new UNI-BEAST for Mountain Lion to install onto the same partition from USB and it automatically upgraded Lion installation to Mountain Lion!

Happy user here!!

Hi, I am about to attempt this install on an 8460p. Do I have to have Lion, or can I just buy ML? Did the WiFi issue get resolved in ML by chance?

chamak

chamak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hi, I am about to attempt this install on an 8460p. Do I have to have Lion, or can I just buy ML? Did the WiFi issue get resolved in ML by chance?

You can to buy ML from Appstore only. Since, I have upgraded from Lion via appstore, not really sure if there's any other way around.

To answer your second question, no the wifi issue is still there, and most likely it'll stay. Ordered an Asus N10 wifi adapter, learning it works with ML. Haven't tried it yet, keeping my finger crossed :)

http://www.amazon.co...44272204&sr=8-1

cruzado2k12

cruzado2k12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank's for the help. In this moment my hp8560p is a Hackintosh with all functions less the wireless.:D
Is possible install OS X Mountain Lion with the upgrade in the App Store?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users