Photo

ASUS K56CM Windows 8 Certified Laptop Help!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

bakurakitty

bakurakitty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey Guys!

Has anyone yet to make a guide on installing 10.8.2 on a Windows 8 certified laptop? (Or more specifically, if possible, a guide on the K56CM Series of ASUS laptops)

I've installed Hackintosh on my PC, but I have a Windows 8 certified K56CM laptop and I'm not so sure on what the installation process is, as there is obviously different bios and that sort of thing.

From reading a couple posts on other threads, it would seem that the WiFi controller that comes with a K56CM Laptop is not supported (yet) and people wanting WiFi would need to replace their WiFi with a AR9285 WiFi card.
Apparently the GT635 is not compatible with 10.8.2 because Macs don't support dual GPU systems. (Two different kinds, in this case, HD4000 and GT635) So a kext (or something) is required so that only the HD4000 GPU is used.

Also, regarding partitioning, I'd like to dual-boot Windows 8/Mountain Lion if possible, just in case the ML OS screws up in anyway.
Would that mean re-sizing the hard drive so that there is about 20-30 GB of unused space? (K56CM laptops being ultra thin, only comes available with one hard drive slot, so it is impossible to add another)

Any information regarding this would be greatly appreciated not only for me, but for other users of similar laptops! :)

Thanks!

[Edit] If anyone is willing to make a guide, hope I'm not asking much, but can you make it as detailed as possible? (from including things like boot commands, kexts installed, that sort of things)

Edited by bakurakitty, 09 March 2013 - 06:24 PM.

maxjiro

maxjiro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hi.. you can toturial iaktos ml2 or mac os 10.8 niresh on asus k56 ? i bad english:D

bakurakitty

bakurakitty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

hi.. you can toturial iaktos ml2 or mac os 10.8 niresh on asus k56 ? i bad english:D

Sorry guys for being afk from here, but I have an issue lol, it seems my wakefromsleep doesn't work.

But I shall write a guide for you Maxjiro (Please don't expect everything to work correctly @_@)

**WARNING**
[This is a guide to install OSX 10.8.2 on either External HDD, I haven't installed OSX on my main HDD yet]
[THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DRIVE, BACKUP IMPORTANT FILES FIRST]
[This will also render your External unreadable by Windows, unless you use Transmac]

1.) Download your Mountain Lion OS (Can be iATKOS ML2, it's what I'm using)

2.) Burn it to a Dual-Layer DVD (the 8GB disc, not the 4.7GB disc!! Because ML is 5GB+)

3.) Now time to prepare External HDD !

3.a) Whilst on Windows, download this: http://www.ridgecrop...k/guiformat.exe

3.B) Format External HDD to Fat32 with 4096 allocation size.
4.) Restart Laptop and spam ESC key.

5.) Go to change setting (or something similar) and that will enter BIOS, change these values to what I've listed(Thanks to Piuma):

Fast Boot: Disabled
Boot: Launch CSM
USB: Legacy Enabled
XHCI: Disabled
Secure Boot Control: Disabled

6.) Save settings and spam ESC again until you see Boot menu. (Make sure you have the iATKOS/ML Disc inserted first!!)

7.) Select the DVD Drive in the boot list so that you boot from DVD.

8.) When it waits for you to press F8 to enter bootup options, press F8, then type:

-v -x

Hit Enter.
9.) It will take a while, it will also get stuck on a certain part, leave it, don't worry, it will take about 10-20 minutes to boot into installer!

10.) It boots into the installer then wait till you can see 'Utilities' tab on the top, click it and click Disk Utilities, click on your external and goto 'Erase' tab, erase the external to 'Mac Journaled' and call it something like MAC OSX or iATKOS (doesn't matter really), then verify the drive to make sure it is all good!

11.) continue until it prompts you to select the drive you wish to install OSX on, click the external drive, and then click 'CUSTOMIZE', then go to drivers, and find the PS/2 Drivers (VERY IMPORTANT!!!!), check it so it will install, then continue with installation.
[Please note that during installation that your monitor may go all white, just click on trackpad! and it should show you the progress bar]

12.) After installing, it will restart, go to the boot menu again, and spam ESC key. select your external this time [Not the UEFI one]. Use boot options -x -v again!

13.) When it boots into Mac, enter whatever user details you want, then it will go to desktop. On the top, select 'GOTO' then 'computer', go to your External HDD, then go to System/Libraries/Extensions folder. Delete the following:

- AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext
- AMDRadeonVADriver.bundle
- AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle

- AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext
- AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGA.plugin
- AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle
- AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVADriver.bundle
- AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
- AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext
- AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin
- AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle
- AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

ATI
- ATI2400Controller.kext
- ATI2600Controller.kext
- ATI3800Controller.kext
- ATI4600Controller.kext
- ATI4800Controller.kext
- ATI5000Controller.kext
- ATI6000Controller.kext
- ATIFramebuffer.kext
- ATIRadeonX2000.kext
- ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin
- ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle
- ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle
- ATISupport.kext

Nvidia
- GeForce.kext
- GeForceGA.plugin
- GeForceGLDriver.bundle
- GeForceVADriver.bundle
- NVDAGF100Hal.kext
- NVDAGK100Hal.kext
- NVDANV50Hal.kext
- NVDAResman.kext
- NVSMU.kext

14.) Restart into Windows, don't worry about going to OSX yet. Install TransmacTransMac Mac Disk and dmg Software Details if you haven't, then run it as Admin, it should be the only software where it sees your External.

15.) Download k56cm.zip ? RGhost ? file sharing By Degrus, extract the files somewhere, then in transmac, copy the kext folder to Users/username/Desktop (or download, doesn't matter, just make sure you can get to it easily from OSX)

16.) Download Kext Wizard http://www.osx86.net...ard_3.7.10.html , extract and copy it to Users/username/Desktop.

Also download Download Extra.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
extract it and copy to Users/username/desktop (should be _MACOSX and Extra folder)

17.)Reboot into OSX, with boot options, you don't need -x anymore, but -v is useful for finding what it gets stuck on, give it 5-10 minutes to boot (just in case) and then run Kext Wizard, select the drivers inside the kext folder and install them, then after it completes, go to first tab and repair S/L/E cache and permissions.

18.)copy the _MACOSX and Extra folder into your external hard drive (the root directory where you find System), and overwrite anything, reboot back into OSX again and you should get a different boot screen (all white) and just boot. Check 'about this mac' to see if you are getting correct specs showed, e.g:

should be something like:
2,79 GHz i7
4GB RAM
Intel HD 4000 512MB (Also check if your resolution is 1366x768)

19.) Enjoy everyone, not sure if this will work directly for any other K56CM users, but I hope it does guide some of you :)

Edited by bakurakitty, 16 March 2013 - 05:18 PM.

janelf

janelf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks for your great tutorial.
i have some questions if you don't mind:
does ML reconize all your devices?
sleep is working?
i have a k56ca notebook it's almost identical with yours. do you think that it's possible to install ML.

bakurakitty

bakurakitty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

thanks for your great tutorial.
i have some questions if you don't mind:
does ML reconize all your devices?
sleep is working?
i have a k56ca notebook it's almost identical with yours. do you think that it's possible to install ML.

a) I'm not entirely sure about the devices, I can tell you that my USB keyboard, USB wireless mouse, external USB3.0 hard drive, USB 2.0 flash drive, and a USB audio adapter (by Creative headset) works, but other than that, I really don't know.

[USB3.0 does work! Well... Atleast it does for me with my other USB 3.0 Hard Drive]

B) Sleep for some reason didn't work for me, but it may for you, if it doesn't just hard reset the laptop and that's your confirmation. (lol) :)

c) If the K56CA has similar specs to the K56CM then by all means!

You can do the installation part with ML, however the kexts I'm not entirely sure if they work, but if you want, give it a go! :)
Please be sure to enable the installation of PS/2 drivers before actually installing ML ^^"
Because if you don't, and you install onto an external hard drive/flash drive, you will be switching USBs alot... LOL
(I ended up reinstalling ML with PS/2 drivers enabled and it made the it SO so so much easier afterwards)

[Audio doesn't work and Network such as ethernet and WiFI don't work for me, but it 'may' be different for your CA varient]

maxjiro

maxjiro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
tks you so much:X

litan1106

litan1106

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

a) I'm not entirely sure about the devices, I can tell you that my USB keyboard, USB wireless mouse, external USB3.0 hard drive, USB 2.0 flash drive, and a USB audio adapter (by Creative headset) works, but other than that, I really don't know.

[USB3.0 does work! Well... Atleast it does for me with my other USB 3.0 Hard Drive]

B) Sleep for some reason didn't work for me, but it may for you, if it doesn't just hard reset the laptop and that's your confirmation. (lol) :)

c) If the K56CA has similar specs to the K56CM then by all means!

You can do the installation part with ML, however the kexts I'm not entirely sure if they work, but if you want, give it a go! :)
Please be sure to enable the installation of PS/2 drivers before actually installing ML ^^"
Because if you don't, and you install onto an external hard drive/flash drive, you will be switching USBs alot... LOL
(I ended up reinstalling ML with PS/2 drivers enabled and it made the it SO so so much easier afterwards)

[Audio doesn't work and Network such as ethernet and WiFI don't work for me, but it 'may' be different for your CA varient]

Is the ASUS trackpad working for you on K56CA?

whylieme

whylieme

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks for tutorial bakurakitty. my k56cm has recognized HD4000. But I met a problem "nvidia rom patching failed" when start up.
What should i do now??. Sorry for my bad English. Thanks again.

kpucmu

kpucmu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I tried different Hackintosh images even retail. I can't install. When I boot DVD or USB it show error. Something wrong with CPU, I have Intel Core i3-3217U (1.80 ГГц) not i5 =(

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users