• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Damstas

Damstas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi!

I have installed OS X Mountain Lion 1.8.3 on HDD, but when I try to boot spinning wheel and Apple logo won't disappear.
I have removed graphics kexts and after that I can boot with -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000
but not without those. What could be wrong?

Hardware:

CPU Intel i5-3570k
Motherboard Asus P877-V Pro
No graphics card, only HD4000
Toshiba 80 GB hdd (Mountain Lion install)
128 GB Intel 330 series SSD
500 GB WD Caviar Blue Sata 3
8 GB of Corsair RAM
Corsair AX 650 PSU
Asus DVD-drive DRW-24B3LT

Video about my problem:

HackinDoge

HackinDoge

much life. very donate. wow.

• Super Moderators
  • 2,784 posts
Have you tried booting with all the flags, minus -f? If you really need -f, try replacing it with:

UseKernelCache=No

Speeds up boot time. ;)

See the following for your HD 4000: HD4000 full acceleration for 10.8 / 10.7.5 - Intel - InsanelyMac Forum

I hope you backed up your Intel graphics kexts! ;)

Dkc.png

Damstas

Damstas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the reply!

I haven't backed up anything, but I deleted just some ATI, AMD and Nvidia stuff as suggested in other forum.
If I need those flags to boot, can I somehow save them, that I don't need to enter them every time?

Im little newbie, so I'm not sure why I need those HD 4000 settings for? :S

HackinDoge

HackinDoge

• Super Moderators
  • 2,784 posts

If I need those flags to boot, can I somehow save them, that I don't need to enter them every time?

You can edit the org.chameleon.Boot.plist, which should be in /Extra. Chameleon Wizard makes this easier. :)

Im little newbie, so I'm not sure why I need those HD 4000 settings for? :confused:

You'll need those to enable QE/CI. More info here.

Dkc.png

Damstas

Damstas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

You can edit the org.chameleon.Boot.plist, which should be in /Extra. Chameleon Wizard makes this easier. :)

You'll need those to enable QE/CI. More info here.

Thanks

How can I set GraphicsEnabler=No and UseKernelCache=No, since there are just options to tick Graphics Enabler and UseKernelCache. Do I just untick, if I want them to be =No ?

And now I got Kernel Panic..
Maybe I should just quit this whole Hackintosh thing, since I can't even get it to boot properly.
I don't even know what options to choose in Chameleon Wizard: Boot0hfs, Update.. Since I can't find any tutorials.

Edited by Damstas, 04 May 2013 - 10:40 AM.

hulkintosh

hulkintosh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
What are you using to install kexts?? Are you using MultiB**st. This would probably be the best tool to use. It is available on tonymac****.com. Check out this site for a list of bootflags and what they mean. If you have installed OSX then you are doing very well. Most people who try to create a hackintosh can't even get that far!!! You are light years beyond 50% of those who try. The community here will assist you as much as we can.

Damstas

Damstas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi!
and thanks for the answer!
I tried to install basic boot flags in chameleon wizard, to get OS X booting normally without having to type any flags.
I haven't installed any kexts or anything. So should I have first used typed boot flags and then installed Multibeast + kexts and then removed boot flags?

zagzea

zagzea

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Thank you so much I made bootable my hackintosh finally!!
GA-Z77X-UD5H
i5 3570k
120 SSD HD

Edited by Lacedaemon, 21 August 2013 - 07:29 PM.
Added [/QUOTE] tag

zagzea

zagzea

• Pip
  • 4 posts
made it bootable but still without sound. Could you help me?

HackinDoge

HackinDoge

• Super Moderators
  • 2,784 posts
Try this: Hackintosh AppleHDA for ALC892 (AsRock H77M) - Downloads - OSx86.net

Dkc.png

Manelit

Manelit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

hello im new here and i own a asus u36sg

i installed it perfectly but i get SuperIODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported ship ID =0xffff and got a error with nvidia patch but i sellected to not install it. iatkos ml2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users