Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6450 1 GB DDR3 PCI-E
450W PSU
250 GB HDD

*I know, it's amazing*

The progress:
Sound worked OOB (onchip)
Snow Leopard 10.6.3 running with legacy_kernel through ModCD

So the problems:
No QE/CI, rocking on 1024x768 through HDMI but I think this will get fixed when I get 10.8
No ethernet, which i think will come when I actually get 10.8 to work (Realtek RTL 8167)
When starting a sort of installed version of Mountain Lion it just restarts after the bootloader, probably cause of the kernel.

Kexts:
Spoiler

I'm open to try anything so give me suggestions.

Kamesennin

Kamesennin

HackintoshOSX Crew

• Local Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Hello, buddy. I think you need try the Niresh 10.8 version, this for AMD processors.
Leia este tópico antes de criar um novo e faça uma assinatura de acordo com a descrita nele, caso contrário sua mensagem será ignorada. Conseguiu a solução pro seu problema? Poste-a.
Placa mãe: ASUS P8H61-M LE/BR rev.3 - Processor: Core i5 3550 - Vídeo: 9800GT 1GB - Memória: 16GB ram 1333Mhz - HDD1: OS X 10.8.5 12F45 500GB / HDD2: OS X 10.9.3 13D65 1TB / HDD3: Arq 1TB
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ajude o fórum, poste suas experiências e descobertas para que possa servir para outros membros, faça sua parte.

mitkid

mitkid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Just reboots.. doesn't work

thomas.raines

thomas.raines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I've tried Niresh's 10.8 for AMD, and it does not work. I get the same thing, just reboots as it tries to load the kernel.

I've tried several kernels that claim to work with AMD processors (along with a countless variations of boot flags), but I think the problem is, I need a legacy kernel.

I have been successful with installing iATKOS's Snow Leopard. I have found download several links to Nawcom's alleged AMD legacy kernel, but all the links lead to what seems to be a dead page http://www.nawcom.com/. I'm not sure what's going on with that, but I read somewhere that he has stopped developmeny due to health reasons. Either way, I have found a few other AMD legacy kernels, but none have worked. Of course, my main source is google which doesn't always give you the best search results...lol

Here are my specs:

Acer Aspire 5560

AMD A6-3400M APU

Radeon HD 6520G

ATI BeaverCreek HDMI Audio

Atheros AR9287 Wireless Network Adapter

Broadcom BCM57765 Memory Card Reader

I would be happy with Snow Leopard, but somethings don't work with it, i.e. audio, wireless/lan, memory card reader and I only have 1 option for display (1280x726... should be 1366x726)

Anyway, if anyone has a clue as to what kernel would work with those specs, or how to fix the things that aren't working, it would be greatly helpful... thanks...

Kamesennin

Kamesennin

HackintoshOSX Crew

• Local Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Guys, try Nawcon cdboot with retail dvd snow leopard? (on case talking to snow leo).

Leia este tópico antes de criar um novo e faça uma assinatura de acordo com a descrita nele, caso contrário sua mensagem será ignorada. Conseguiu a solução pro seu problema? Poste-a.
Placa mãe: ASUS P8H61-M LE/BR rev.3 - Processor: Core i5 3550 - Vídeo: 9800GT 1GB - Memória: 16GB ram 1333Mhz - HDD1: OS X 10.8.5 12F45 500GB / HDD2: OS X 10.9.3 13D65 1TB / HDD3: Arq 1TB
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ajude o fórum, poste suas experiências e descobertas para que possa servir para outros membros, faça sua parte.

thomas.raines

thomas.raines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Guys, try Nawcon cdboot with retail dvd snow leopard? (on case talking to snow leo).

That's what I currently have running, and as I stated above, I would be happy with it, if I could just get the screen resolution, wlan/lan and now mouse issue fixed. My touchpad mouse is not being detected. I tried using the latest multibeast to fix said issues, but it didn't work... Should I try an older version of multibeast?

armand23

armand23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Dear people, I have the same specs and I can't install mac osx on mi laptop, mi laptop is hp pavilion dv6-6110us AMD APU 3400m and AMD Radeon 6520G 8gb ram but for any reason I can't install the OS on my laptop, somebody want to help me please,

I hope your help dude thomas.raines please I see that you can install it success right?

thomas.raines

thomas.raines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Dear people, I have the same specs and I can't install mac osx on mi laptop, mi laptop is hp pavilion dv6-6110us AMD APU 3400m and AMD Radeon 6520G 8gb ram but for any reason I can't install the OS on my laptop, somebody want to help me please,

I hope your help dude thomas.raines please I see that you can install it success right?

What I did...

Installed a Mountain Lion with VMWare (there's plenty out there, just goodle mountain lion amd vmware)

Grab iATKO'S S3 Version 2
Using a USB Flash Drive:

Booted into my ML vm

With disk utility, I partioned my USB stick as an MBR

With disk utility, load the iATKO'S S3 Version 2 Installer

Select restore

Dragged my USB stick from the left pane to the destination block and let it run

In the iATKO'S files, there is a package to make the usb bootable. Run it and make sure to change the destination to your flash drive

Reboot computer and enter bios

Move boot from usb to top (for me I just enable advnced boot option and press F12 to point it to boot from usb stick)

When the bootloader loads:

Put in your boot flags (This is what worked for me)

mach_qoopz maxmem=4096 busratio=20

That should get the installer to boot

Your mouse may not work, so you will need to use the keyboard to go thru the install process (tab, enter, and spacebar to navigate thru and select things)

Make sure you choose customize and select the qoopz kernel (there are 2 more, but I had the best results with qoopz)

As for what else to install under customize section, I really can't say because it's dependant on machine.

Once the installer finishes, reboot your machine to you Mac OSX drive and run Multibeast to hopefully get everything else to work...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users